3D printers are extending more and more help to healthcare field. 3D printers make promises that have changed the face and fate of medicine forever. Either is it about assessing the right size of aorta stent or developing prosthetic limbs, the huge research in this field has started helping human body functioning.
Doctors and scientists are using 3D printing in number of ways. We have enlisted top 5 ways.
- Bio Printing: Organ models and functioning organs: Kidney failures and requirement of kidney replacement is a common issue worldwide. Scientists are experimenting with creating an organ replica with the help of 3D printers. A 2D estimate is takes with the help of CT scan or MRI and it is further converted into 3D models using 3D printers.
- Prosthetic limbs: Prosthetic limbs are always expensive. 3D printers allow accurate customization at cheaper prices. For example, if a child is born without ear, a 3D printer can print latex ears quickly and because it is relatively cheaper, the ear can be printed again and again as the child grows. Normal 3D printer under 1000 $will be good for this purpose.
- Artificial joints: Artificial joints made from 3D printers will be available soon. They will be available at a much affordable price with the most customized fit. Moreover, the material it will use will not be invasive to human bodies.
- Medicine delivery: This invention will prove to be a blessing for cancer patients, Scientists have invented this 3D medicine for chemotherapy which can be printed on a filament and can be directly inserted in human body. Later, the filament will dissolve in the body naturally.
- Dental applications: 3D printers can print the base to fit dental implants. Dentists can set up these printers in their own clinics and fasten the process of implantation.